Edinburgh UNESCO City of Literature Trust promotes and supports the world's very first UNESCO City of Literature.
Across the 12 months from April 2010 - March 2011, the Trust worked with 70 partner organisations, had 2.9 million web hits and run the first UNESCO Creative Cities cross-art form collaboration, Let's Get Lyrical.
The full annual report is full of facts, figures and background on our busy 2010-11 year of work supporting literary Edinburgh.
Edinburgh UNESCO City of Literature Trust 2005 - 2011
Here's just a few vital statistics from our first five years:
- Given away 93,000 free books
- Welcomed 4 new UNESCO Cities of Literature
- Seen 29 Creative Cities designated by UNESCO
- Chatted with over 3,500 Twitter followers
- Created and run the Literary Salon, with at least 2,500 attendances in 6 years
- Ushered 13,000 folk through the doors of 178 One Book – One Edinburgh events
- Grown www.cityofliterature.com to an online audience of around 350,000 visitors a year
- Worked with over 100 partner organisations
- Watched the creation of the first Gaelic graphic novel
- Supported Scotland’s largest poetry reading with 19 poets and an audience of 800, raising £12,000 for the Haiti Relief Fund