Throughout February 2010, our fourth citywide reading campaign put the spotlight on poetry - we wanted to know if you Carry a Poem with you.
Throughout the campaign we gave out thousands of free Carry A Poem books and poetry pocket cards to go along with the many events happening throughout the city.
February may be over, but you can still Carry a Poem, and share your story. Have a look at our Carry A Poem website to read the hundreds of poetry and story submissions we gathered throughout the campaign and tell us how you carry yours.
All About Carry a Poem
Here's the headlines for our 2010 reading campaign - we want to get the whole of Edinburgh involved...
Online Resources and Fun Stuff
You don't have to be in Edinburgh to join in - you can read the stories behind the poetry choices and send us your own meaningful poems via www.carryapoem.com.
How Do You Carry Yours?
We want to know which poems you carry with you, how you carry them and why they mean so much. Perhaps you carry it...
- On your iPod?
- On your Tshirt?
- In your head?
- As a poetry tattoo?
- Stuck to your fridge?
- Email us your story to firstname.lastname@example.org
Let Us Know...
Leave us a comment at www.carryapoem.com about...
- how you carry your poem, and the story of why it means so much
- if you are planning special events - big or small
- what you think about the book - send us a review
- if you have any comments about the campaign
- if you have any pictures for the campaign gallery
- you can leave your thoughts on our Facebook page
With thanks to those supporting this project:
Scottish Arts Council, City of Edinburgh Council, Edinburgh UNESCO City of Literature Trust, the Scottish Poetry Library and our many partner organistions who give in-kind contributions.