The Scottish Book Trust seek a Writer Development Administrator
Salary: £18,000 pro rata, full-time permanent
Scottish Book Trust is the leading agency for the promotion of literature, reading and writing in Scotland.
The Scottish Book Trust Writer Development programme supports writers at all stages of their careers with advice, professional development opportunities, bursaries and mentoring. Projects include the New Writers Awards, Young Writers Awards, Media Labs, Mentoring and Love to Write.
We are currently looking for an experienced administrator with excellent people skills and a strong interest in Scottish writing and publishing.
Key responsibilities – you will:
• Provide administrative support across the Writer Development programme
• Work with the Writer Development Manager to co-ordinate the New Writers Awards, Labs and Mentoring
• Help to maintain the Scottish Book Trust contacts database
• Answer queries relating to the Writer Development programme
• Liaise with mentors and programme participants
• Collect and collate evaluation data
• Assist with marketing and publicity of the Writer Development programme including website advertising and social media
• Update and develop web resources for the Writer Development programme
• Help to plan and organise Writer Development programme events
Person specification – you will have or be:
• An enthusiastic and committed individual with an interest in Scottish writing and a knowledge of writer development and publishing
• Excellent administration skills
• Good people skills and ability to work well alone, and within a team
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Confident in all areas of IT, with knowledge of Web 2.0 technologies, working with databases and an interest in social networking
• Experience of updating websites
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and work to strict deadlines
• Attention to detail
This job description also includes any other duties which may be incidental to the above duties but which are necessary to meet the demands of the employer and Scottish Book Trust business.
The post may involve working with young people and vulnerable adults, therefore appointment will be conditional upon securing clearance through the PVG scheme administered by Disclosure Scotland.
Scottish Book Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from disabled people. We will interview all applicants who meet the essential criteria for the job.
This information is available in large print format on request. If you need assistance with making your application, please contact us for advice.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV and a covering letter, telling us why you are suited to the role and detailing how your skills and experience fulfil the job description, to email@example.com (for attention of Julie Amphlett).
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Thursday 3rd May 2012
Interviews will take place on Thursday 15th May
Scottish Book Trust, Sandeman House, Trunk’s Close, 55 High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1SR
Tel: 0131 524 0160 Fax: 0131 524 0161 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org