Prague City of Literature has announced the launch of its 2019 two-month residency today, which will support six interesting projects from foreign writers and translators. This call is for 6 residencies in 2018 (January – February, March – April, May – June, July – August; September – October; November – 15th December), and the results will be announced till October 30, 2018.
Required documents (summarized in an online application form):
- completed application form
- optional: Extract from a published text (in Czech or in English) or sample of a translated text into Czech; max 2 pages
- Cultural interest for the location
- Basic knowledge of English language
- At least one published literary work (not a private edition) or two broadcast or published radio dramas or one carried out or published theatre play or at least one translated work of a Czech author
- Willingness to participate on the local literary life (author readings, meeting students, talks, activities arranged by the receiving institution or connected to the cultural events of the city)
- Working on the writings during the stay
- The author who has already once received the scholarship can’t apply again
- The Resident undertakes that in the course of the residential stay or no later than within 2 months from its termination, he/she will provide the Municipal Library in Prague with the text inspired by the stay that the Municipal Library in Prague, through the project „Prague City of Literature“, will be authorized to use to promote the Prague’s residential stays. The Municipal Library in Prague will enter into a licence agreement with the Resident for the purpose of using the text in electronic as well as printed version.
- The accommodation and travel expenses are covered by the receiving organization; the residents will also receive a scholarship of €600 per month.
The call for applications closes August 31, 2018.
More details about the Residency and how to apply can be found here.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].