There’s still time to enter the BBC’s RaW short story competition – the closing date for entries is 31 january 2008.
Would you like to run a story writing workshop? Take a look at the campaign partners area of the RaW website for lots of free resources and ideas to get you started, and to see some examples of stories already sent to us.
Stories must be written by an adult (18+), but kids can come up with the ideas and draw pictures to go with them. The competition is an ideal family learning activity for the New Year and a great way to show that anyone can write a story.
How to Enter
- Download entry forms and details online or order competition booklets using your RaW centre number.
- Choose a character from Max and Lara’s Amazing Travelling Space Circus.
- Write a short story of around one or two minutes in length when read aloud.
- Send us your entries: By Post – send your story and entry form to the free post address.
- By email – fill in the email entry form on the RaW website and attach it to an email along with your story. Send both attachments to – [email protected].
Prizes can be awarded in each nation and region and include loads of family cinema tickets and the chance to have your story printed in a new RaW book – so get writing!